Council Services in East Sussex
Schools and colleges
- Admissions and Transport Team - East SussexWe are responsible for allocating primary and secondary school places at community and controlled schools in the county; providing assistance with school transport; administering the provision of free school meals and providing travel assistance and advice for students in further education.
- Admissions Forum - East Sussex01273 481232The Admissions Forum discusses the effectiveness of admission arrangements and how those arrangements can be improved. It advises admission authorities on how to deal with difficult admission arrangements. The forum deals with school admissions policy and does not discuss individual admissions cases.
- Autism - ASD monitoring and support group - East Sussex01273 336720We support parents and professionals involved in educating and caring for children with autistic spectrum disorder, and contribute to policies and decisions about services.
- Bullying - East Sussex01323 747060We are working to prevent bullying in schools and the wider community. We have an anti-bulliying strategy, which aims to show our commitment to stopping bullying both in and out of school.
- Catering contract management - East Sussex01273 482585We support schools and other customers by purchasing, managing and monitoring catering services. The team is professionally qualified and experienced in the following areas: catering management, management studies, food hygiene, health and safety, group training and project management.
- Duke of Edinburgh's Award - East Sussex01323 464977The Award is open to anyone between the aged 14-25 years old. It is a challenging programme of activities to help young people learn new skills, help others and experience adventure. The contacts below can give more information about how to take part and list of venues.
- East Sussex Governors' Representative Group (ESGRG) - East Sussex01323 766896The ESGRG is an independent body elected annually by county school governors. The group acts as a fast response group, advising on and creating new policies for the County Council or other organisations.
- Education and learning - East SussexEducation, learning and schools.
- Education Capital Strategy Team - East Sussex01273 481314We are responsible for the strategic planning associated with providing school places. We identify and develop priorities for capital investment, bid for capital resources and develop project proposals to improve school buildings.
- Education Support, Behaviour and Attendance Service - East Sussex01273 481967We provide support to pupils and families to help develop closer links between home and school. We aim to help pupils raise achievement by promoting and reinforcing school attendance. We help identify factors that prevent children from obtaining the fullest benefit from their education and undertake appropriate action.
- Freedom and Pathfinder bus tickets - East SussexFreedom and Pathfinder bus tickets provide pupils and students with unlimited bus travel on most routes within East Sussex.
- Further education - East Sussex0345 6080190Help and advice for students aged between 16 and 19 attending schools or colleges with sixth forms.
- Governor Services - East Sussex01323 466885Governor Services provides support, training and advice for all school governing bodies in East Sussex to enable them to effectively fulfil their roles and responsibilities, and contribute to school improvement.
- 'Information for Families' service - East Sussex0345 6080192Free, impartial information and advice for families with children 0 - 19 (0 to 25 for young people with special needs). Information about; childcare, finances, education, activities and special educational needs and disability. We run projects to support parents and carers, and support other services to work with them. Helpline: 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, Fridays 8:30am to 4.30pm.
- School admission appeals - East Sussex01273 481583If your child has been turned down for a place at your preferred school, then you may appeal against this decision to an Independent Appeal Panel.
- School transport - financial help - East SussexFinancial help with home to school travel.
- School transport for low income families - East Sussex0345 6080190You may qualify for for financial assistance for your child/ren's journey between home and school if you meet the definition of a low income family. This is defined as being entitled either to the maximum level of Working Tax Credit, or to free school meals.
- School travel plans (STPs) - East Sussex01273 482169A school travel plan (STP) contains a series of practical steps aimed at promoting sustainable forms of transport and improving children’s health and safety on the way to school.
- Schools and colleges - East Sussex0345 6080190Please click on the links below to see contact details for all infant, junior, primary, secondary or special schools in East Sussex. For information about admission arrangements to schools you should contact the Admissions and Transport Team.
- Schools Library and Museum Service (SLAMS) - East Sussex01323 466380Provides library services, historical artefacts and advice for teachers at all schools in East Sussex and Brighton & Hove. We are open all year on Monday to Thursday 9am-5pm, and on Friday 9am-4pm. Outside office hours, please leave a message on our answer phone.
- Special educational needs (SEN) - East Sussex01273 481230The SEN team co-ordinates the educational provision for children with special educational needs across East Sussex. We endeavour to ensure that children with special educational needs in East Sussex are being given an appropriate, broad and well-balanced education.
Please use one or more keywords to search for a service.